HELLO! I realize I've been a bit lax in my blog writing lately (mostly because I keep being told I haven't updated, but hey, at least I know that people do read my little corner of the internet)...
Here's the deal. I have done nothing of great interest. At least, nothing worth documenting OR nothing that I haven't already blogged about before (I did attend Salmon Days again, this time without the plaque, but I could have literally posted the exact same pictures from last year because it was THE SAME).
I've been working really hard on diving head first into the curriculum for my new grade assignment this year. I'm also working on Component 2 of my National Boards and spending lots of weekends staring at my laptop or attending 8 hour meetings in school libraries on Saturdays, or meeting with my fellow crazy NBers at Starbucks to guzzle coffee and compare thoughts about the process while writing and rewriting this entry. It's a blast, really. I'll probably throw a party for myself when it's all over (considering I pass, which is causing me lots of anxiety already).
I'm also attempting a more consistent gym routine, and started* lifting, so mostly I can't move my limbs because I'm so sore. (*completed 2 days)
Plus, I've been working really hard on that whole work/life balance thing because I have a tendency to go full steam ahead on the work part and then sleep. Part of my goal in moving was to have a life that wasn't a work life, and I think I'm doing an ok job so far.
So my absence has really been a very good and healthy thing, but unfortunately it means I haven't been on here to share my adventures. I'll work on it. Here it is!
My parents came to visit over Thanksgiving. Aren't I a lucky duck?? Last year for Thanksgiving, I was eating a delicious turkey sandwich in Canada in between shopping excursions.
This year, we decided to skip across the Cascade Mountains to Leavenworth, Washington for a little Christmas kick off celebration.
In order to get to Leavenworth, we had to drive across the Snoqualmie Pass and OF COURSE it had a big snow the week before. I bookmarked the pass webcams and checked them just about daily in hopes that we would still be able to drive over. There was no snow on Thanksgiving. THANKfully... I should probably still invest in some chains for my tires, though...
Leavenworth is darling! It's a Bavarian town that does a big Christmas lighting every weekend in December. Since we hit it up before December, we got all the lights without quite the same amount of crowds.
The first night was Thanksgiving, so we really just walked main street and took in the scene.
The town is nestled right in the mountains, and there was just enough snow/ice on the ground for it to feel wintery without being snowy. We did some window shopping as the sun set, and then headed back to our hotel (we stayed at the Linderof Inn, right across the street and it was great in case anyone ever visits and needs a place to crash).
People were taking full advantage of every ounce of icy snow that was left on the grass...lots of sledding and action right in the middle of town.
Day one was pretty low key, but we got lots of sleep to rest up for our own version of Black Friday shopping...
No comments:
Post a Comment