Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Chihuly Glass Museum (again!)

After the Underground Tours, we walked around and found a place to grab some lunch.  At lunch we agreed that the only way to be a tourist is to completely commit to the experience.  By that, I mean we stopped in to the nearest tourism shop by the market and grabbed some of the tackiest (and cheapest) shirts we could find to wear the next day.  

The problem is... we got all excited by the time we reached the Space Needle that we ended up getting them out for a quick photo shoot before we went to the Chihuly museum.

So this happened.  It looks fake, but I assure you, it is not.  



And then put our shirts back in our bags and we went on our way.  

The Chihuly Museum of Glass.  I loved it so much last time that I had to go back!  I don't know if the Chihuly museum will ever get old!  I will continue to show it to everyone who comes to visit.  Plus, we got the tickets that include the Chihuly Museum and the Space Needle- and they are discounted if you go to the Space Needle at 6:30 or later, so we took the 6:30 time slot and saved ourselves some dollars. 



Since moving here, I've developed a great appreciation for glass art.  It's everywhere and it's just so cool!  Then I think of how heavy all of these pieces must be and it's truly amazing.




I think after visiting again, that these two  (orbs above, and craziness below) are my favorite displays.  They sit next to each other in the same room and I just love them.






We had plenty of time to kill wandering the museum before our Space Needle tour began, so we really took our time.


We still had even MORE time to kill once we were done, so we wandered the Space Needle gift shop, which is GINORMOUS, for awhile.  And... well... you'll see what happened in my next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment