So, after the Olympic Game Farm, I needed some serious relaxation to get my heart rate back to normal. The lavender festival isn't for another few weeks, but you don't need a festival to head out to the fields! Most of them are open to the public and you can wander around.
The Lavender Haze fields were close to the farm, and an easy drive for a quick stop and some seriously relaxing aromas. I felt a little bad making my car go, but they were all good sports (sorry guys, I just had to put myself and my car through some elk trama, so this IS happening).
I loved every second of this. It smelled amazing. You can pick your own lavender...I didn't because I already made a car of people stop here (they were good sports and might have even enjoyed themselves).
They had a few different types of lavender (who knew?). Some smelled stronger than others, but all were gorgeous in the sunshine.
Bees EVERYWHERE. I guess I didn't realize that bees hang out in lavender. They were too distracted by the plants to care that I was wandering around.
We did grab some lavender ice cream before heading out, so I think it was a new experience for everyone and we all left happy. Everyone else opted for lavender white chocolate ice cream (described as "weird") and I had lavender lemon sherbet (amazing and refreshing), so it was a win.
No comments:
Post a Comment