When you live in rainy Seattle, the only thing to do in the late winter/early spring is escape to the sunshine. I decided to skip this rainy town over spring break and fly south for the week to sunny Scottsdale, AZ. We spent a few days/nights soaking up the sun and charm of Old Town Scottsdale.
We stayed at the Saguaro hotel, which was in the most convenient location- our room backed up to the public park, and we could see the Old Town streets about a block away. We spent a sufficient amount of time laying around, walking around, eating, and drinking margaritas.
Although our hotel seemed like a converted motel, it was really perfect for our quick trip to visit the sunshine. It had a couple pools (one with music, and one without), a restaurant, and bikes for getting around town. But we just walked everywhere, went for a run one morning, and did check out the gym on one occasion (for me, anyways).
When we first got in to town, we checked out our new digs and wandered the park. It was perfectly lovely.
We grabbed a bit to eat at Salty Señorita, where I had the most amazing watermelon margarita. My friend got hers with jalopeno, and it was even more delicious if that was even possible. We walked to the closest CVS so that I could load up on sunblock and then we were all set.
I am not kidding when I say the rest of the trip was us laying around by the pool and shopping in Old Town Scottsdale. We did nothing else the entire time and it was lovely. One night we won 2nd place at bar trivia and won a gift card to the same restaurant, which we immediately used and had an almost free night out.
This was my new home away from home:
Finally on the last day we ventured a bit further and hopped in a golf cart (because that's like a taxi there?...Arizona is so laid back) to grab dinner on the Riverfront. Then we walked our way back and stopped at the Sugar Bowl for an ice cream sundae before calling it a night.

The break was much needed considering I had a ton of work to get done upon my immediate return home. The sunshine was so, so good!









No comments:
Post a Comment