We made it out of Montana and into Washington. One night in Spokane, and we were off to do our final 5 hours of driving to get into Seattle and get the keys to my new place! You'll have to excuse the excessive pictures in this post because I just couldn't decide on which to include...
I did get to see the prairie dogs I was all excited about on our way out here. They are certainly not afraid of people...
Like a squirrel but cuter. I think they're adorable, although not yard friendly. But look at this little guy...
We made one amazing stop in Washington to see the petrified forest....and one stop in the middle of burning Washington. They are not kidding about the fires...
But first... the Gingko Petrified Forest State Park...ah-maz-ing-ly beautiful. Breathtaking. And warm.
I pulled over to the site area and thought "oh this is nice and desert-y and warm".
But I had no idea that this gorgeous water was right on the other side! Holy cow! We wound our way around and drove right over that bridge...
It was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't take enough pictures to capture how awesome it felt standing there!
After all the gorgeous scenery, we entered into the part of Washington that has been in the national news lately...the part that is burning.
We were getting closer to Seattle, because I could see Mt. Rainier in the distance. But the mountains were turning black and the ground was literally smoldering. You could see the steam rising from the dirt. Freaky!
The next picture was taken right after I drove past a semi truck on fire in the right lane of the interstate, with it's tire on fire in the middle lane, and everyone driving by on the left. I needed a break because I was shaking! It was a little scary the last hour or two into Seattle...
The mountain across the interstate was completely black and burned from the wildfires.
After this, our 27 hour drive was completed and we had a week to spend in sunny (haha!) Seattle!!
No comments:
Post a Comment